Page last updated: 7 April, 2021, 4:43pm
S12 Solutions (for Approved Mental Health Professionals)
S12 Solutions to support mental health professionals launched across the region
S12 Solutions is an app and website, developed by an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) which connects AMHPs with available Section 12 approved doctors, to make Mental Health Act assessment team organisation and claim form processes more efficient. The S12 Solutions platform is being introduced across Essex including Southend and Thurrock.
S12 Solutions will be the primary method of organising Mental Health Act assessments and submitting claims from 3 May 2021.
After this date, paper claim forms will only be accepted by CCGs in this locality in exceptional circumstances (for example when submitted by a non-S12 General Practitioner or out-of-area doctor).
The Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership are introducing this change to help ensure we get the greatest benefit from the S12 Solutions platform and avoid two processes running simultaneously.
The platform’s benefits:
- Providing you with access to a larger doctor network, helping you efficiently find the best available team for the person being assessed; a larger network is particularly helpful where doctors are redeployed or shielding/self-isolating, or move away or retire
- s.12 approval is checked automatically by the S12 Solutions platform’s link to the Mental Health Act Register Database
- Electronic claim forms improve efficiency and compliance
Other areas already using the platform have shared the following results from their own surveys:
- 95% of AMHPs agreed that they can organise assessments more efficiently
- 97% of AMHPs agreed that S12 Solutions provides access to a larger network of doctors
- 93% of AMHPs would support continued use of the platform
“We appear to have access to a much larger pool of doctors who are more willing to be involved in s.12 work. It has given us access to more specialist doctors as and when we need them. For instance, in the last few months I have personally found it particularly useful for finding doctors who specialise in learning disabilities.” AMHP
New technology can take time to learn and embed. The following support is available:
- The S12 Solutions team is happy to attend your meetings to answer questions and share best practice; this can be organised with Oliver Kent, our S12 Solutions Account Manager (copied)
- If you would to attend a training session, select a suitable date/time from the following link: S12 Solutions – AMHP Training
- You can contact S12 Solutions’ Support Team directly if you have any issues or questions: 0808 168 0160