Page last updated: 28 April, 2021, 1:34pm
CCGs update to Office 365
Arden & GEM CSU are working closely with the CCGs to roll out Office 365 remotely. The reason behind the upgrade is to ensure the software and services that we use are the most up to date available.
This is a huge undertaking and relies on you as CCG staff updating your work computers at home (For primary care see the ‘What do I do next’ section). Arden & GEM have provided a full set of training videos and information which you can see below. They are also providing hour-long training sessions to support you in making the best use of the new system.
What’s good about this?
- The upgrade will mean there is no need to use VPN to access files stored in SharePoint Sites or your OneDrive.
- SharePoint Sites can be created in order to make sharing of documents within your teams easier, only links needed rather than attachments.
- Office 365 gives users the ability to work on documents collaboratively in real time with version control built in.
- You will not lose any documents saved on your desktop.
- New features include One Note and OneDrive which will enable cloud based access to your emails and files where ever you are.
For an introduction and overview of Office 365, please download this presentation from Arden & GEM.
How will this occur?
Over the last couple of weeks, an installation package has been remotely deployed to your device/machine. This is a dormant file and will not take effect until you activate the install. You will see the file in your Portal Manager (See section ‘What do I do next’).
If you are unable to see the installation file in the Portal Manager, you may need to refresh the Portal Manager by clicking on Refresh.
What do I do next?
For Primary Care
For those of you who may be based in primary care, Arden & GEM will need to help support you with the installation. Please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can update your GP estate in readiness for the installation of Office 365. More information about the Office 365 update to primary care will sent in the coming weeks.
For CCG staff
Please do not attempt to install without having FIRST read the accompanying documents:
The below are prerequisites that need to be met before commencing installation:
- You must know your current NHS.net username and password – this will be required to activate your suite of products
- You must not have any of the following products currently installed:
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
If you do have any of the above products currently installed, please contact the Arden & GEM team – email@example.com who will make arrangements to assist with the installation.
Training is available with the team from Monday 26 April. The duration of the training will be 1 hour, which will include 15 minutes for questions at the end.
By the end of the session attendees will have:
- An overview of the Office 365 products available with their licences
- Where to navigate to find the online versions and desktop apps
- Knowledge of the differences from Office 2010 applications to Office 365 applications
- Basic understanding on cloud versus shared drives differences
- Where to find additional training – Microsoft and organisational
The schedule for the training is below:
8am – 9am
9am – 10am
10am – 11am
11am – 12pm
12pm – 1pm
1pm – 2pm
2pm – 3pm
3pm – 4pm
4pm – 5pm
Trainer catch-up meeting
Training will run from 26 April to 23 July excluding Bank Holidays. Depending on attendance, Arden & GEM may revise the schedule if necessary.
To book onto the training, please use this link: Book onto N365 Training
For details on how to book onto the training please use the below guide:
Should you have any questions, please contact Arden & GEM – firstname.lastname@example.org