Page last updated: 23 December, 2020, 4:23pm
Mid and South Essex Medicines Optimisation Committee (MSEMOC)
The Mid and South Essex Medicines Optimisation Committee (MSEMOC) establishes a collaborative strategy for ensuring the consistent high quality and cost effective use of medicines across the Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership (HCP). The MSEMOC includes representation from key partners, including the five CCGs, service providers (e.g. NELFT, EPUT, MSEFT, Provide, IC24), local authorities, the LMC and LPC.
The core functions of the MSEMOC are:
- Assessment of clinical & cost effectiveness (including affordability) of medicines prescribed at the interface.
- Development & maintenance of a joint formulary.
- Classification of medicines under the traffic light list.
- Development and approval of shared care guidelines.
- Development and approval of prescribing guidelines.
Medicines Optimisation (MO)
- Gastro-intestinal system
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Central nervous system
- Endocrine system
- Obstetrics, gynaecology, and urinary-tract disorders
- Malignant disease and immunosuppression
- Nutrition and blood
- Musculoskeletal and joint diseases
- Ear, nose and oropharnx
- Immunological products and vaccines