Page last updated: 20 July, 2021, 2:38pm
Supporting the Gypsy and Roma Traveller (GRT) community
The Essex Countywide Traveller Unit team are keen to highlight a number of areas where practices can help to support GRT communities across Essex:
- Gypsy Roma and Traveller communities are considered a vulnerable group, often with low health outcomes
- They have a higher frequency of long-term health conditions than the settled community
- Support may be needed with regards to completing forms
- ID and evidence of address may not be available when registering
- It is important that reception staff play a role in building trusting relationships as the first point of contact.
The Essex Countywide Traveller Unit Outreach team can be contacted for any support and advice if needed.
Essex Countywide Traveller Unit contact details: Ectu@essex.gov.uk