Page last updated: 13 July, 2021, 2:11pm
PHE National Migrant Health Team Resources
The PHE National Migrant Health Team have produced two animations aimed at healthcare professionals in England explaining the entitlements to NHS services and to vaccination for migrants in England. Both animations are aimed at healthcare professionals who support migrants in their practice. Further details are provided below.
Clarifying NHS entitlements for migrants, which consists of six short sections:
- Section 1- Introduction to Entitlements for Migrants
- Section 2- Karman’s Story (case study provided by Doctors of the World)
- Section 3- NHS Entitlements to Primary Care in England
- Section 4- NHS Entitlements to Secondary Care in England
- Section 5- Dental Treatment for Migrants in England
- Section 6- Assessing New Patients from Overseas
- Keeping up to date with vaccinations for migrants.
These animated resources address recommendations arising from a stakeholder engagement exercise to improve the Migrant Health Guide NHS entitlements page, done in 2019, which asked for more clarity about NHS entitlements and to adopt a more culturally sensitive approach. These outputs will also complement a suite of PHE and NHSE/I COVID-19 vaccination resources (for the general public) being made available to mitigate vaccination inequalities.
The animations aim to dispel fears of being charged for free NHS services, supports PHE’s role in reducing health inequalities by clarifying entitlements to healthcare and upholds the Public Sector Equality Duty.