Page last updated: 27 July, 2021, 2:12pm
New preparing well pathway to support patients waiting for orthopaedic surgery
The CCGs are working in partnership with the Essex Wellbeing Service and MSEFT to offer emotional and practical wellbeing support to patients who are waiting for orthopaedic surgery and will be going through surgery in the coming months. This is to ensure patients are as ready as possible for their procedure.
Patients will soon receive a telephone call from the Essex Wellbeing Service who will be able to offer them support in a range of areas such as:
- How to stop smoking
- Ways to get more physically active
- Healthy eating and weight loss advice
- Benefits/debt/housing and employment support
- Mobility issues this could include those with physical impairment or with strength and balance issues
- Mental health and emotional support
- Isolation support for people who may feel increasingly isolated or lonely as a result of a health or life event
If you would like more information on the Essex Wellbeing Service, please visit their website – www.essexwellbeingservice.co.uk
Whilst this is just for orthopaedic patients at present, we will be looking to roll this out to other specialities in the future. If you have any questions please contact Jo Hall at email@example.com.