Page last updated: 7 September, 2021, 11:41am
Latest update on Seqirus flu vaccines
Colleagues will be aware of the delay with the delivery of the Seqirus flu vaccines. This was caused due to unforeseen road freight challenges, that may result in scheduled deliveries being delayed by one to two weeks.
The company is in the process of communicating directly with all its customers about the matter and the actions it is taking to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
We have written to our partners to make them aware of existing issues beyond practices’ control and have sought and are awaiting national comms including FAQs on this matter, but in the interim, you are advised as follows:
- The delay is across their whole customer base.
- Seqirus is in the process of rescheduling delivery dates and we understand that some have already got these.
- We have asked for details of which providers have been impacted and updated delivery dates across the regions which we shall share with systems.
- Providers are advised not to change orders at this time. It is highly unlikely that providers will be able to source alternative stock more quickly.
- Should practices be impacted by delayed deliveries they should advise patients that the clinic is postponed and not cancelled.
- Where possible, practices should wait for the newly confirmed delivery date before changing vaccination clinics.
- Seqirus are in the process of rescheduling delivery dates. It is hoped all providers should be advised of new delivery dates very soon.