Page last updated: 12 October, 2021, 1:51pm
Interactive guide to SEND improvement work in Essex
As part of the collaborative work of the Essex local area to improve the quality of EHC plans and support for children and young people with SEND across the county, we have pulled together an interactive guide to share with you the new ways of working, policies and guidance which have been developed, in one place.
The initial draft of this interactive guide can be found here: SEND Improvement: An Interactive Guide. Additional documents, videos and information will be added as further improvements are finalised.
In this guide you will find information about:
- Decision making related to the EHC needs assessment process and plans
- EHC needs assessment guidance
- Quality Assurance of EHC plans and processes
- Support for children and young people with medical needs in educational settings
- Ongoing improvement work
This work forms part of our Joint Written Statement of Action to improve our SEND services in response to the Local Area SEND Inspection and sits alongside the joint commissioning of SEND services and improvements in accurately identifying children and young peoples needs. There is a SEND newsletter coming soon, which will help you stay up to date on the wider programme of work.
We are also holding SEND Improvement Launch events to share these new ways of working and guidance documents with you in more detail. For information and to book on to one of these sessions please follow the links below:
- Education and social care staff: booking link
- Health staff: booking link
- Schools: booking link
- EY settings – dates to be confirmed, using existing forums where possible.
If you have any questions on any of the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org